Salisbury is a lovely town in central Vermont with plenty of activities for families with young children. For starters, Salisbury is home to several excellent parks, including Merrill Brook Recreation Area, which offers a playground, ball fields, hiking trails and much more. There are also scenic walking trails along the West River, perfect for a summer stroll or a winter hike. Petroglyph Park is another great spot for families, as it features a playground, picnic area and a fascinating collection of ancient geological carvings.
In addition to its outdoor attractions, Salisbury also has several kid-friendly businesses and organizations. The Salisbury Village Store is a great place to buy gifts and souvenirs, and the local library hosts regular story times and events. The Salisbury Children’s Museum is a must-visit for any young child, as it offers a variety of interactive exhibits on history, science and the arts. For a more active experience, families can head to the Salisbury Recreation Center, which offers a gymnasium, swimming pool, and a variety of sports and fitness classes.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Salisbury, Vermont
1. Take a scenic drive through the countryside in Vermont.
2. Visit one of the many covered bridges located throughout the state.
3. Go apple picking at one of the many local orchards.
4. Enjoy a day of hiking or biking on one of the many trails located throughout Vermont.
5. Take a swim in one of the many freshwater lakes or ponds located throughout Vermont.
6. Visit the Ben & Jerry’s Factory for a tour and ice cream tasting.
7. Take a ride on the Vermont Railway and see the sights from a different perspective.
8. Visit the Shelburne Museum to see the many different exhibits and collections.
9. Tour the Vermont State House and learn about the history and government of Vermont.
10. Attend a local event or festival to experience the unique culture of Vermont.