There are many kid friendly things to do in Salem, Virginia. One of the most popular attractions is the Salem Fair. Kids can enjoy rides, games, and food at the fair. Another popular attraction is the Salem Children’s Museum. The museum has many interactive exhibits for kids to enjoy. There is also a Salem Science Center where kids can learn about science and nature. Lastly, one of Salem’s most popular kid friendly activities is visiting one of the many Halloween attractions. Salem has many Haunted Houses, Hayrides, and other Halloween activities that kids love.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Salem, Virginia
1. Visit the Ovens Auditorium: The Ovens Auditorium is a historic theater in Salem, Virginia. It was built in 1927 and is home to the Salem Symphony Orchestra. The auditorium also hosts a variety of other events throughout the year, including concerts, plays, and movies.
2. Take a walk through the Salem Farmers Market: Salem’s farmers market is open from April through October and features a variety of fresh, local produce, meats, cheeses, and artisan goods.
3. Go for a hike at the Mill Mountain Star Park: The Mill Mountain Star Park is a city park in Salem, Virginia that is home to the largest man-made star in the world. The park has a variety of hiking trails with beautiful views of the city.
4. Visit the Salem Museum: The Salem Museum is a local history museum that tells the story of the Salem witch trials. The museum also has exhibits on the city’s history, including the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.
5. See a show at the Salem Civic Center: The Salem Civic Center is a multipurpose arena that hosts a variety of events, including concerts, sporting events, and conventions.
6. Go fishing at the Roanoke River: The Roanoke River is a great place to go fishing, and there are several public fishing spots along the river.
7. Take a walk through the Roanoke Valley Greenway: The Roanoke Valley Greenway is a system of trails that wind through Salem and the surrounding area. The trails are great for walking, running, or biking, and offer beautiful views of the valley.
8. Visit the Science Museum of Western Virginia: The Science Museum of Western Virginia is a hands-on museum with exhibits on a variety of topics, including astronomy, physics, and engineering.
9. Play a round of golf at the Roanoke Country Club: The Roanoke Country Club is a private golf club that offers a variety of membership options. The club has an 18-hole golf course, a swimming pool, and a fitness center.
10. Go for a swim at the Salem Family YMCA: The Salem Family YMCA is a community center that offers a variety of amenities, including a gym, a pool, and a sauna.