Saint-Eustache is a charming town located in the Laurentians, just north of Montreal. It’s the perfect place to raise a family or visit with young children, as there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to enjoy.
The town is home to a large waterpark, complete with slides, pools, and splash pads. during the summer months. There is also an indoor skating rink and public swimming pool, perfect for when the weather gets cooler.
The Saint-Eustache Nature Centre is a great place to take the kids to learn about the local flora and fauna. There are also several playgrounds and parks located throughout the town, perfect for a picnic lunch or afternoon of playing.
In the centre of town, you’ll find the Saint-Eustache Farmer’s Market, where you can pick up fresh produce and other local goodies. There is also a variety of shops and restaurants, perfect for a day of exploring and treats.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Saint-Eustache, Canada
1. Take a tour of the Saint-Eustache windmill: The windmill is a heritage site and National Historic Site of Canada. It is the last windmill standing in Saint-Eustache and is a great place to learn about the history of the area.
2. Visit the Saint-Eustache Wildlife Conservation Area: The conservation area is home to a variety of wildlife including birds, mammals, and reptiles. There are also hiking trails and a boardwalk.
3. Explore the Saint-Eustache Museum: The museum is dedicated to the history of Saint-Eustache and the surrounding area. It features exhibits on the French and British settlement of the area, the lumber industry, and the Saint-Eustache church.
4. Go for a swim at Lac des Noyers: Lac des Noyers is a man-made lake located in the Saint-Eustache wildlife conservation area. It is a great place to go for a swim, fish, or paddleboat.
5. Hike the trails at Maison Saint-Gabriel: Maison Saint-Gabriel is a farmhouse museum located in the Saint-Eustache Wildlife Conservation Area. The farmhouse is surrounded by hiking trails and is a great place to learn about the history of the area.
6. Play at Parc de la Cité: Parc de la Cité is a park located in the center of Saint-Eustache. It features a playground, a splash pad, and a variety of sports fields.
7. Visit the Saint-Eustache Farmers’ Market: The farmers’ market is held every Sunday from June to October. It is a great place to buy fresh produce and meet the local farmers.
8. Attend a show at the Les Moulins de Saint-Eustache: Les Moulins de Saint-Eustache is a mill museum located in the Saint-Eustache Wildlife Conservation Area. The museum features a variety of interactive exhibits and a working watermill.
9. Go ice skating at the Saint-Eustache Sportsplex: The Saint-Eustache Sportsplex is a multi-purpose complex that features an indoor ice rink. It is a great place to go ice skating, play hockey, or take a public skating class.
10. Take a walk through the Saint-Eustache Old Port: The Old Port is a pedestrian-only area located along the Saint Lawrence River. It is a great place to take a walk, ride a bike, or simply enjoy the views.