Sahavato is a small town in western Madagascar, located near the capital city of Antananarivo. Despite its small size, Sahavato is a great place for kids to explore and have fun. There are several kid-friendly attractions in and around Sahavato, including the Tsimbazaza Zoo, the Sahavato Botanical Gardens, and the Sahavato Regional Museum.
The Tsimbazaza Zoo is the largest zoo in Madagascar and is home to over 200 species of animals, including lions, tigers, lemurs, and crocodiles. The Sahavato Botanical Gardens are a great place to learn about the diverse plant life of Madagascar. The Sahavato Regional Museum contains a collection of artifacts and exhibits that tell the history of Sahavato and its people.
For kids who want to spend time outdoors, there are several parks and playgrounds in Sahavato, including the Mahamasina Municipal Park, the Sahavato Children’s Park, and the Sahavato Central Park. There are also several hiking trails in the vicinity of Sahavato, including the Tritriva Waterfall Trail and the Andringitra National Park Trail.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sahavato, Madagascar
1. Visit the Lemur Conservation Foundation to learn about and see these unique animals up close.
2. Stroll through the Avenue of the Baobabs, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
3. Visit the Antananarivo Royal Palace and learn about the country’s history and culture.
4. Head to Isalo National Park for a day of hiking and exploring the natural landscape.
5. Visit the Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park to see the unique rock formations and wildlife.
6. Take a boat ride on Lake Tritriva to see the floating islands and wildlife.
7. Visit theFitara River to see the crocodiles and other animals that live there.
8. Go to the town of Ranomafana to see the thermal springs and rainforest.
9. Take a day trip to the nearby island of Nosy Be to relax on the beach.
10. Visit the Andasibe-Mantadia National Park to see the lemurs and other wildlife.