Sagunto is a beautiful, historic city in Spain with plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep the little ones entertained. The city’s ancient fortress is a great place to explore, and the views from the top are absolutely stunning. The Roman theatre is another popular spot for families, and kids will love seeing the ruins up close. afterwards, you can head to one of the city’s many parks for a picnic lunch or a game of fetch with the family dog. For a more unique experience, take a ride on the Sagunto Funicular, which offers stunning views of the city as you travel up and down the hill. And of course, no visit to Sagunto would be complete without trying some of the delicious local cuisine. Tapas are a must, and you’ll find plenty of kid-friendly options like tortilla de patatas and croquetas.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sagunto, Spain
1. Enjoy the views from Turó de Santa Bárbara: This hilltop fortress provides stunning panoramic views of the city, sea, and mountains. Visitors can explore the fortress grounds, visit the museum, and take in the views from the turrets.
2. Stroll the Old Town: With its narrow streets and historic buildings, the Old Town is a great place to explore on foot. Be sure to stop by the Plaza Mayor, the Cathedral, and the Casa de la Ciudad.
3. Visit the Roman Ruins: The Roman ruins in Sagunto are some of the best-preserved in all of Spain. Visitors can explore the theater, the amphitheater, and the thermal baths.
4. Take a Train Ride: A ride on the vintage Sagunto-Serpentina railway is a great way to see the countryside. The trains run from April to October.
5. Play at the Park: Parque de la Trinidad is a great place for kids to burn off some energy. The park has a playground, a splash pad, and a Duck Pond.
6. Have a Beach Day: Sagunto has several beaches, all within easy reach of the city center. Playa de Puerto Azul is a great option for families with kids.
7. See the Flowers: The Jardín Botánico de Sagunto is a beautiful garden with over 5,000 species of plants. The garden also has a playground and a cafe.
8. Visit a Museum: The Museo de Sagunto has a wide variety of exhibits, including Roman artifacts, Egyptian mummies, and fine art. Kids will enjoy the interactive exhibits in the Children’s Museum.
9. Go on a Hike: There are several hiking trails in the nearby mountains. The Ruta de los Castillos is a popular trail that takes hikers past several medieval castles.
10. Ride the Ferris Wheel: The Rueda de la Fortuna is a giant ferris wheel with views of the city and the sea. The ride is 10 minutes long and tickets can be purchased at the ticket office.