There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Sabinal, Texas! For starters, the town is home to the popular Lost Maples State Natural Area, which is a great place for hiking, picnicking, and bird watching. The Lost Maples State Natural Area is also home to a small playground, making it a perfect place to take the kids for a day outside. Families can also enjoy scenic drives through the hill country, horseback riding, and visiting one of the many local swimming holes. There are also a few museums in town that are geared towards kids, such as the Sabinal Railroad Museum and the Museum of the Hill Country. These museums offer a great way to learn about the history and culture of the area, while also having a lot of fun!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sabinal, Texas
1. Take a hike on one of the many scenic trails in Sabinal. There are plenty of options to choose from, so you can find the perfect trail for your family.
2. Visit the Lost Maples State Natural Area. This beautiful area is home to a variety of wildlife, including the endangered golden-cheeked warbler.
3. Go fishing in one of the many lakes and rivers in Sabinal. You’re sure to catch a big one!
4. Have a picnic in one of the many parks in Sabinal.
5. Spend a day at the pool. Sabinal has several public pools that are perfect for a summer day.
6. Go tubing down the Sabinal River. This is a great way to cool off on a hot day.
7. Visit the Riverside Nature Center. This center offers a variety of exhibits and programs about the local environment.
8. Go stargazing. Sabinal is a great place to see the stars at night.
9. Visit the Uvalde County Museum. This museum offers a variety of exhibits on the history of Sabinal and the surrounding area.
10. Take a scenic drive. Sabinal is home to some beautiful scenery.