There’s plenty for kids to do in Rye, New Hampshire! For starters, the Seacoast Science Center is a great place to visit. Kids can learn all about the local wildlife and the ecosystem. The center also offers tidepooling and seal watching tours. If your kids are into fishing, they’ll love a trip to the Rye Harbor State Park. Here they can try their hand at catching striper, flounder, and more. And of course, no trip to Rye is complete without a visit to the historic Warner House. Kids can explore this 17th century home and learn all about what life was like back then.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rye, New Hampshire
1. Visit the Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse: The Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse is a popular spot for kids and adults alike. Admire the views of Portsmouth Harbor and the surrounding area from the top of the lighthouse. Climb the stairs to the top of the lighthouse and enjoy the view!
2. go to the beach: Visit one of the many beaches in the area! Kids will love playing in the sand and water.
3. Visit the Seacoast Science Center: The Seacoast Science Center is a great place to learn about the area’s history and ecology. Kids can touch tidepool creatures, see live animals, and play in the water tables.
4. Take a hike: There are many hiking trails in the area that are perfect for kids. Explore the woods and mountains and take in the fresh air.
5. Have a picnic: pack a picnic lunch and head to one of the many parks in the area. kids will love playing on the playground and eating their lunch outdoors.
6. Go fishing: Visit a local pond or stream and go fishing! kids will love trying to catch a fish.
7. Go swimming: Visit a local pool or beach and go for a swim!
8. Play miniature golf: Visit a local miniature golf course and putt your way around the course.
9. Go bowling: Visit a local bowling alley and knock down some pins.
10. Play arcade games: Visit a local arcade and play some games.