The first kid friendly thing to do in Rutland, North Dakota is to visit the Dakota zoo. The Dakota zoo is free to the public and is open all year round. They have a variety of animals that children can see including lions, tigers, bears, and wolves.
Another great kid friendly activity in Rutland is to go to the Dakota Dinosaur Museum. The Dakota Dinosaur Museum is full of life size dinosaur replicas that children can explore. They also have a variety of educational exhibits about dinosaurs.
If your kids are looking for a more outdoorsy activity, you can take them hiking at the Turtle River State Park. The Turtle River State Park has over 30 miles of hiking trails that kids of all ages will enjoy.
Finally, no trip to Rutland would be complete without a visit to the Community Centre. The Community Centre has a variety of kid friendly activities including a swimming pool, a gym, and a library.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rutland, North Dakota
1. Attend the West End Fair: The West End Fair is a great annual event for kids of all ages. There is a carnival, live music, food vendors, and much more. This is a great opportunity for kids to have some fun and learn about their community.
2. Visit the Rutland Aquatic Center: The Rutland Aquatic Center is a great place for kids to cool off in the summer months. There is a pool, a lazy river, and a water slide. This is a great place to take the family for some fun in the sun.
3. Play at the park: Rutland has several great parks that are perfect for kids to play at. There are playgrounds, swings, slides, and much more. This is a great way for kids to get some exercise and fresh air.
4. Go for a bike ride: Rutland is a great place to go for a bike ride. There are many trails that wind through the city. This is a great way for kids to see the sights and get some exercise.
5. Attend a sporting event: Rutland is home to many great sporting events. There are minor league baseball games, roller derby bouts, and much more. This is a great way for kids to see their favorite teams in action.
6. visit the library: The library is a great place for kids to go to find books, movies, and more. This is a great place to take the family to find something to do on a rainy day.
7. Go to the movies: The movie theater is a great place to take the family for some entertainment. This is a great way for kids to see the latest movies.
8. Go bowling: Bowling is a great way for kids to have some fun. This is a great way for kids to spend some time with friends.
9. Have a picnic: Rutland has many great places to have a picnic. This is a great way for kids to enjoy the outdoors and get some fresh air.
10. Go hiking: Rutland is home to many great hiking trails. This is a great way for kids to get some exercise and see the sights.