Although Rush Springs is a small town, there are still many kid-friendly activities to enjoy. The Rush Springs Watermelon Festival is held annually and is a great event for the whole family. There is also a public swimming pool, several parks, and a golf course. For those who enjoy the outdoors, there are several hiking and biking trails in the area. The nearest large city, Oklahoma City, is only about an hour away and offers many more attractions and activities for families.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rush Springs, Oklahoma
1. Visit the Rush Springs Watermelon Festival – The Rush Springs Watermelon Festival is held every year on the first Saturday in August. The festival celebrates the watermelon harvests with a parade, Melon Queen crowning, seed-spitting contest, watermelon eating contest, and much more!
2. Take a dip in Rush Springs Aquatic Center – The Rush Springs Aquatic Center is a great place to cool off in the summer heat! The center features a zero-depth entry pool, a water slide, a diving board, and a spray pad.
3. Explore the Rush Springs Wildlife Preserve – The Rush Springs Wildlife Preserve is a great place to see native Oklahoma wildlife. The preserve features a nature trail, a fishing pond, and a bird watching blind.
4. Play a round of golf at the Rush Springs Golf & Country Club – The Rush Springs Golf & Country Club is a great place to get in a round of golf. The course features 18 holes, a pro shop, and a driving range.
5. Visit the Trading Post Winery – The Trading Post Winery is a great place to sample some of Oklahoma’s best wines. The winery offers a variety of tastings, tours, and events.
6. Shop at the Rush Springs Farmer’s Market – The Rush Springs Farmer’s Market is held every Saturday from May through October. The market features locally grown produce, meats, flowers, and more!
7. Hike the trails at the Chickasaw National Recreation Area – The Chickasaw National Recreation Area is a great place to hike, bike, and explore. The park features over 30 miles of trails, a lake, and countless scenic vistas.
8. Take a tour of the Rush Springs Soda Bottling Plant – The Rush Springs Soda Bottling Plant is a great place to learn about the history of soda pop production. The plant offers tours, tastings, and a gift shop.
9. Attend a show at the Rush Springs Community Theater – The Rush Springs Community Theater is a great place to see live entertainment. The theater offers a variety of shows, concerts, and events.
10. Visit the Rush Springs Sand Dunes – The Rush Springs Sand Dunes are a great place to explore, play, and relax. The dunes feature over 200 acres of sand, a playground, and a picnic area.