There are many kid friendly things to do in Runge, Texas. One of the best things to do is visit the Kickapoo Cavern State Park. The Kickapoo Cavern State Park is a great place to explore and see some of the most amazing caverns in the state of Texas. The caverns are huge and full of interesting rock formations. The State Park also offers camping, hiking, picnicking, and fishing. Another great thing to do in Runge is visit the South Llano River State Park. The South Llano River State Park is a great place to go swimming, fishing, hiking, and camping. The State Park also offers a variety of different animals that you can see on a hike including, deer, raccoons, rabbits, and opossums.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Runge, Texas
1. Enjoy a picnic lunch at one of the many beautiful parks in Runge, such as James Daughtrey Memorial Park or Riverside Park.
2. Go for a swim at the local swimming hole, Big Foot Falls, or at the community pool.
3. Take a hike on one of the many trails in Runge, such as the Riverside Nature Trail or the James Daughtrey Memorial Nature Trail.
4. Go fishing at Lake LBJ or at any of the smaller ponds and lakes in the area.
5. Play some rounds of golf at the Runge Country Club or at the Devil’s Playground Golf Course.
6. Go horseback riding at one of the many nearby stables, such as the Highland Lakes Equestrian Center or the Double Heart Ranch.
7. Go on a safari at the Exotic Wildlife Ranch, where you can see some of the rarest animals in the world up close and personal.
8. Visit the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historic Park, where you can learn all about our 36th President and see his birthplace.
9. Take a tour of the Hill Country Winery, where you can learn about the wine-making process and sample some of their delicious creations.
10. Check out the local history at the Runge Train Depot Museum, which houses a large collection of artifacts from the area’s past.