There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Rufus, Oregon! For starters, the whole family can enjoy a day at the Rufus Municipal Park. The park features a playground, picnic areas, a softball field, and a basketball court. There is also a walking path that is perfect for a leisurely stroll or a family bike ride. If you’re looking for a more adventurous outing, you can drive a few minutes out of town to the Row River Nature Trail. This scenic trail is great for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. It’s also a popular spot for fishing and bird watching. Whatever your interests, you’re sure to find something to keep the whole family entertained in Rufus, Oregon!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rufus, Oregon
1. Visit the Rufus Tiger Lily Farm for a chance to see a wide variety of flowers and learn about the different types of lilies that grow there.
2. Stop by the Rufus Railroad Museum to see a large collection of trains and learn about the history of the railroad in the area.
3. Head to the Rufus Lighthouse for a great view of the Columbia River and a chance to learn about the lighthouse’s history.
4. Pay a visit to the Rufus Zoo to see a variety of animals, including tigers, lions, and bears!
5. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the Rufus area, such as Lake Mitchell or Horseshoe Lake.
6. Explore the Rufus-John Day Fossil Beds National Monument to see a wide variety of fossils and learn about the area’s rich history.
7. Take a hike through one of the many trails in the Rufus area, such as the popular Horseshoe Bend Trail.
8. Go for a swim at one of the area’s many lakes or rivers, such as the Columbia River.
9. Play a round of golf at one of the area’s several golf courses, such as the Rufus Municipal Golf Course.
10. Visit the Rufus library for a chance to check out books, use the computers, or participate in one of the many programs offered there.