There are many kid friendly things to do in Rovigo, Italy. The Rovigo Provincial Museum is a great place to start, as it has many exhibits and activities geared towards children. The Alzaia Naviglio Grande is also a great place to take kids, as they can explore the pedestrian paths and bridges while learning about the local ecosystem. For something a little more active, the Monte Baldo cable car is a great option, as it takes you to the top of the mountain for an incredible view. Finally, no trip to Rovigo would be complete without a visit to the gelato shop, as the kids (and adults) will love the delicious and refreshing treats!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rovigo, Italy
1. Visit the Cathedral of Rovigo. The Cathedral of Rovigo is a Roman Catholic cathedral located in the heart of the city. It is the seat of the Bishop of Rovigo and a major tourist attraction.
2. See the Palazzo Roverella. The Palazzo Roverella is a historic palace in Rovigo that was once the home of the powerful Roverella family. Today, it houses a museum and is open to the public for tours.
3. stroll through Parco degli Alberi. Parco degli Alberi is a large public park in Rovigo that is perfect for a leisurely stroll or picnic.
4. Visit the Rovigo War Memorial. The Rovigo War Memorial is a monument dedicated to the soldiers from Rovigo who lost their lives in World War I.
5. Take a boat ride on the Adige River. The Adige River runs through Rovigo and offers boat tours that provide a unique way to see the city.
6. See the Palazzo dei Dardi. The Palazzo dei Dardi is a historic palace in Rovigo that now houses a museum. It is open to the public for tours.
7. Attend a performance at the Teatro Sociale. The Teatro Sociale is a historic theatre in Rovigo that hosts a variety of performances throughout the year.
8. Visit the Museo Civico. The Museo Civico is a museum in Rovigo that houses a collection of art and artifacts from the city’s history.
9. Shop at the Mercatale. The Mercatale is a large market in Rovigo that sells a variety of goods, from produce to clothes.
10. Enjoy a gelato from one of Rovigo’s many gelaterias. Rovigo is known for its delicious gelato, so be sure to enjoy a scoop (or two!) from one of the many gelaterias in the city.