Rotherham is a town in South Yorkshire, England, which was historically in the West Riding of Yorkshire. The town is located on the River Don, and has a population of over 109,000. Rotherham is the largest town within the Metropolitan Borough of Rotherham, which had a population of 262,433 in the 2011 census.
There are a number of kid-friendly things to do in Rotherham. The town is home to a number of parks, including Clifton Park, Rotherham Town Park, and Boston Park. There are also a number of museums in Rotherham, such as the Magna Science Adventure Centre, the Kelham Island Museum, and the Rotherham Railway Museum.
For those looking for a more active day out, Rotherham also has a number of trampoline parks and indoor play centres. And for those interested in the town’s history, a number of guided walks and heritage trails are available.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rotherham, United Kingdom
1. Climb Rotherham’s Cliffs: Rotherham’s cliffs are a great place to explore and climb. There are many different routes to take and the views from the top are amazing.
2. Visit Rotherham’s Park: Rotherham’s park is a great place to take the kids. There are plenty of things to do including a playground, a pond, and a picnic area.
3. Visit the Rotherham Museum: The Rotherham Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area. There are many different exhibits to see and the staff is very friendly.
4. Take a Hike: There are many hiking trails in Rotherham. This is a great way to get some exercise and fresh air.
5. Go Fishing: Rotherham is home to many different lakes and ponds. This is a great place to go fishing.
6. Play Golf: Rotherham is home to many different golf courses. This is a great way to spend a day with the family.
7. Go Skating: Rotherham is home to a number of different skating rinks. This is a great way to stay active in the winter.
8. Go Swimming: Rotherham is home to many different swimming pools. This is a great way to cool off in the summer.
9. Visit the Zoo: Rotherham is home to a number of different zoos. This is a great way to learn about different animals.
10. Go to the movies: Rotherham is home to a number of different movie theaters. This is a great way to spend an afternoon or evening.