There’s plenty for kids to do in Roosevelt, Oklahoma! They can explore the Oklahoma Route 66 Museum, the J.M. Davis Arms & Historical Museum, the Museum of the Cherokee Strip, or the No Man’s Land Museum. Outdoor fun can be had at the Elkhorn Creek Park, the Conestoga Lake Park, or the Hugh Meade Park. And don’t forget about the local zoo, the Felt Nature Center!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Roosevelt, Oklahoma
1.Visit the Oklahoma Route 66 Museum- The Oklahoma Route 66 Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the Mother Road and see some interesting exhibits.
2. Ride the Roosevelt Lake Tram- The Roosevelt Lake Tram is a great way to see the sights of the lake and get a little exercise.
3. Take a scenic drive on the Wildlife Safari Road- The Wildlife Safari Road is a great place to see some of the local wildlife and get a little fresh air.
4. Go fishing at Lake Altus-Lake Altus is a great place to go fishing and relax. There are many different types of fish to catch and the scenery is beautiful.
5. Check out the Altus Air Force Base Museum- The Altus Air Force Base Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the air force base and see some interesting exhibits.
6. Have a picnic at one of the many parks in Roosevelt- Roosevelt has many parks that are great for picnics. There are also many playgrounds and walking trails.
7. Go hiking at the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge- The Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge is a great place to go hiking and see some of the local wildlife.
8.Visit the Quartz Mountain Nature Park- The Quartz Mountain Nature Park is a great place to see some of the local wildlife and get a little exercise.
9. Swim at any of the many lakes in Roosevelt- Roosevelt has many lakes that are great for swimming. There are also many beaches and swimming holes.
10. Play golf at any of the many golf courses in Roosevelt- Roosevelt has many golf courses that are great for playing a round of golf.