head to the scenicTable Mountain for breathtaking views of the city. Drive out to the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden for a picnic lunch and some fun exploring the many gardens and trails. Visit Boulders Beach to see the resident penguin colony and take a dip in the ocean. Drive down Chapman’s Peak for some incredible coastal views. Take a cable car up to the top of Lion’s Head for panoramic views of the city. Visit the Castle of Good Hope, the oldest colonial building in South Africa. Learn about the history of the Cape at the District Six Museum. Visit the Robben Island Museum to learn about Nelson Mandela’s incarceration. Enjoy some world-class shopping and dining at the V&A Waterfront. Go for a scenic hike or bike ride through the Silvermine Nature Reserve. Relax on one of the many beautiful beaches in the area, such as Camps Bay, Clifton, or Llandudno.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rondebosch, South Africa
1.Visit the Rondebosch Common- The Rondebosch Common is a large open space which is perfect for a picnic, a game of frisbee or just running around. There is also a playground for the kids to enjoy.
2. Take a walk or a cycle around the Rondebosch Golf Course- The Rondebosch Golf Course is a beautiful spot for a leisurely walk or a bike ride. The kids will love exploring the different pathways and taking in the scenery.
3. Visit the Rondebosch Library- The Rondebosch Library is a great place to take the kids for some quiet time. They can browse the shelves, read books or use the computers.
4. Play at the Rondebosch Oval- The Rondebosch Oval is a large open space which is perfect for a game of cricket, soccer or just running around.
5. Go for a swim at the Rondebosch Swimming Pool- The Rondebosch Swimming Pool is a great spot to cool off on a hot day. The kids will love swimming and playing in the water.
6. Visit the Rondebosch Botanical Gardens- The Rondebosch Botanical Gardens are a beautiful spot for a stroll. The kids will love looking at the different flowers and plants.
7. Have a picnic at the Rondebosch Lawns- The Rondebosch Lawns are a perfect spot for a picnic. There is plenty of space for the kids to run around and play games.
8. Go for a walk or a cycle along the Rondebosch River Walk- The Rondebosch River Walk is a beautiful spot for a leisurely walk or a bike ride. The kids will love exploring the different paths and taking in the scenery.
9. Play at the Rondebosch Playground- The Rondebosch Playground is a great place for the kids to burn off some energy. They can play on the swings, slides and monkey bars.
10. Visit the Rondebosch Village Market- The Rondebosch Village Market is a great place to take the kids for some shopping. They can find handmade toys, clothes and food.