Rocky River, Ohio is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. The city’s parks and playgrounds are perfect for outdoor fun, and the nearby Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is always a hit with kids. For indoor fun, the Great Northern Mall and the Crocker Park shopping center offer a variety of stores and restaurants. And, of course, no trip to Rocky River would be complete without a visit to the Rocky River Public Library, one of the best public libraries in the country.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rocky River, Ohio
1. Visit the Rocky River Nature Center: The Rocky River Nature Center is a great place to learn about the local ecosystem and get outside. They offer a variety of programs for kids, including nature walks, hikes, and special events.
2. Get active at the Rocky River Recreation Center: The recreation center offers a variety of activities for kids, including a pool, gym, and field house. They also have a variety of sports teams and clubs that kids can join.
3. Visit the Rocky River Public Library: The public library offers a variety of programs for kids, including story times, homework help, and special events. They also have a large selection of books, comics, and magazines for kids to check out.
4. Go for a swim at the Rocky River pool: The pool is open to the public during the summer months and offers a variety of swimming lessons and open swim times.
5. Play at one of Rocky River’s parks: There are a number of parks in Rocky River, including Puritas Springs Park, which offers a playground, pavilion, and hiking trails.
6. Go sledding at the Rocky River sledding hill: The sledding hill is open during the winter months and offers a great way to get outside and have some fun.
7. Skate at the Rocky River Ice Rink: The ice rink is open during the winter months and offers public skate times, hockey leagues, and figure skating lessons.
8. Attend a Rocky River Civic Theatre performance: The civic theatre offers a variety of performances throughout the year, including plays, musicals, and workshops.
9. Visit the Rocky River Museum: The museum offers a variety of exhibits and programs for kids, including a hands-on history room, art classes, and special events.
10. Go on a Rocky River scavenger hunt: Scavenger hunt sheets are available at the local Chamber of Commerce office and at the Rocky River Public Library.