Rockford, Tennessee, is a charming small town located in the heart of the scenic Cumberland Plateau. The town is home to a number of kid-friendly attractions, including the Rockford Riding Academy, a horseback riding stable that offers lessons and trail rides; the Rockford Swimming Hole, a natural swimming spot located on the banks of the Caney Fork River; and Rockford Speedway, a go-kart track that is sure to thrill young racing fans. Other popular activities for kids in Rockford include hiking and picnicking at Rockford Dam and playing at one of the town’s many parks, including Horace Maynard Park and Veteran’s Memorial Park. Whatever your family’s interests, you are sure to find something to enjoy in Rockford, Tennessee.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rockford, Tennessee
1. Visit the Historic Rockford General Store – The Historic Rockford General Store is the oldest store in Rockford and has been in operation since 1832. The store is a great place to buy souvenirs, gifts, and local Tennessee goods.
2. Go on a hike at the Rockford Town Park – The Rockford Town Park is a great place to take a hike and explore the beauty of Tennessee. The park has several trails to choose from, including a trail that leads to a waterfall.
3. Visit the Rockford Museum – The Rockford Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Rockford and see some of the town’s original buildings. The museum also has a variety of exhibits on local history and culture.
4. Take a scenic drive on the Natchez Trace Parkway – The Natchez Trace Parkway is a beautiful scenic drive that goes through Rockford. The parkway is a great place to see the fall foliage and wildlife.
5. Go fishing at the Rockford Dam – The Rockford Dam is a great place to go fishing. The dam is stocked with rainbow trout and catfish and is open to fishing from April to October.
6. Play golf at the Rockford Country Club – The Rockford Country Club is a great place to play golf. The course is a 18-hole, par 72 course that offers a challenging game for all skill levels.
7. Visit the Rockford Winery – The Rockford Winery is the oldest winery in Tennessee and offers a variety of different wines for tasting and purchase. The winery also has a gift shop and a beautiful view of the countryside.
8. Take a horseback ride at the Rockford Riding Academy – The Rockford Riding Academy offers horseback riding lessons and trail rides. The academy is a great place to learn about horseback riding and enjoy the scenic Tennessee countryside.
9. Go camping at the Rockford Campground – The Rockford Campground is a great place to go camping. The campground has a variety of campsites to choose from, as well as a playground, a swimming pool, and a lodge.
10. Have a picnic at the Rockford Dam – The Rockford Dam is a great place to have a picnic. The dam has a large grassy area with picnic tables and a beautiful view of the river.