Looking for something fun to do with the kids in Rock Point, Arizona? Check out these great options! For a thrilling day out, head to Deer Valley Petroglyph Preserve where you can explore ancient petroglyphs left behind by the Hohokam people. hiking and picnicking. If you’re looking for a more relaxed day, take a trip to Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park where you can stroll through stunning gardens and learn all about the local flora and fauna. For some hands-on fun, visit the Fort Huachuca Museum where kids can dress up in period costume, try out old-fashioned toys, and explore a replica fort. And no visit to Rock Point would be complete without a stop at the nearby Coppermine Ruins, where you can explore the remains of an ancient copper mining village.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rock Point, Arizona
1. Hiking – There are plenty of hiking trails in Rock Point, Arizona for kids of all ages to enjoy. You can find easy trails for younger children, as well as more challenging ones for older children.
2. Biking – Rock Point is a great place to go bike riding. There are many trails that are perfect for biking, and you can even go off-road if you’d like.
3. Fishing – Fishing is a great activity for kids in Rock Point. There are many different ponds and lakes where you can fish, and you’re sure to catch something if you’re patient.
4. Picnicking – Pack a lunch and head to one of the many picnic areas in Rock Point. You can find picnic tables and grills in many of the parks, and it’s a great way to spend a day outdoors.
5. Swimming – There are several swimming holes in Rock Point, so it’s a great place to cool off on a hot day. Be sure to bring your sunscreen, though, as there is no shade in most of the swimming areas.
6. Rock Climbing – If your kids are looking for a challenge, take them rock climbing in Rock Point. There are many different cliffs and boulders to choose from, so everyone can find a route that’s right for them.
7. Horseback Riding – Rock Point is a great place to go horseback riding. There are many different trails to explore, and it’s a great way to see the Arizona landscape.
8. ATVing – If your kids like to get dirty, they’ll love riding ATVs in Rock Point. There are many different trails to explore, and you can even rent ATVs if you don’t have your own.
9. Camping – Camping is a great way to spend time with your family in Rock Point. There are many different camping sites to choose from, and you can even go backpacking if you’d like.
10. Exploring – There’s plenty to see and do in Rock Point, so allow your kids to explore. There are many different parks and monuments to see, and you can even take a scenic drive through the area.