Rio Grande City is a great place for families with kids of all ages. From swimming and exploring the outdoors, to learning about history and culture, there is something for everyone in Rio Grande City. Here are just a few of the many kid-friendly things to do in Rio Grande City:
Take a dip in one of the city’s many pools, including the historic city pool which was built in 1925.
Visit the Starr County Courthouse and learn about the county’s history.
Explore the outdoors at one of the city’s many parks, including Resaca de la Palma State Park which has hiking trails, a birding center, and much more.
Learn about the local culture at the Rio Grande City Heritage Museum.
Take a walk or ride a bike on the Rio Grande City levee.
These are just a few of the many kid-friendly things to do in Rio Grande City. For more ideas, be sure to check out the Rio Grande City Convention and Visitors Bureau website or give them a call at (956) 487-8250.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rio Grande City, Texas
1. Head to the Rio Grande City Public Library for story time or to check out some books. The library also offers free Wi-Fi and computer use.
2. Visit one of Rio Grande City’s many parks, such as Riverside Park which features a playground, pavilion, walking trail, and basketball court.
3. Take a dip in the city’s public swimming pool, located at Riverside Park.
4. Go fishing at one of the area’s many lakes, such as Falcon Lake or Lake Amistad.
5. Attend a show at the Rio Grande City Civic Center, which hosts a variety of events throughout the year.
6. Watch a movie at the Rio Grande City Municipal Golf Course, where an outdoor movie screen is set up in the spring and summer months.
7. Visit the Frontera Audubon Society Nature Center to learn about the local wildlife and take a nature hike.
8. Check out the Starr County Historical Museum to learn about the city’s history and see artifacts from the past.
9. Stop by Rio 2 Cinema to catch the latest blockbuster film.
10. Attend a Rio Grande City High School football game to root on the local team.