Just outside of Lisbon, in the town of Rio de Mouro, there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to enjoy. The town is home to a number of parks and playgrounds, as well as a number of kid-centric businesses.
For those looking to stay active, there are a number of activities to enjoy. The Rio de Mouro Sports Complex offers a variety of different sports, from basketball to football to volleyball. There are also a number of hiking and biking trails in and around the town.
If you’re looking for something a bit more relaxed, there are plenty of options as well. The town’s public library is a great place to spend an afternoon, and the Rio de Mouro Museum is perfect for a rainy day activity. There are also a number of kid-friendly restaurants, cafes, and ice cream shops around town.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rio De Mouro, Portugal
1. Visit the Rio de Mouro Municipal Museum – This museum is dedicated to the history of the town of Rio de Mouro and its people. It is housed in a restored 18th century building and has a collection of artifacts, documents, and photographs.
2. Take a walk through the old town – The old town of Rio de Mouro is a beautiful and historic place to explore. It is full of narrow streets, charming houses, and small shops.
3. Visit the Rio de Mouro Cathedral – This cathedral is a beautiful and peaceful place to visit. It was built in the 13th century and has a Gothic style.
4. Go for a swim in the Rio de Mouro River – The Rio de Mouro River is a great place to go for a swim. It is clean and clear and has a beautiful setting.
5. Hike up to the Rio de Mouro Waterfalls – The Rio de Mouro Waterfalls are a beautiful sight and a great place to hike. The hike is not too difficult and the views are stunning.
6. Explore the Rio de Mouro Caves – The Rio de Mouro Caves are a great place to explore. They are dark and cool and full of fascinating rock formations.
7. Visit the Rio de Mouro Castle – The Rio de Mouro Castle is a great place to visit. It is a beautiful and historic castle that is open to the public.
8. Go fishing in the Rio de Mouro River – The Rio de Mouro River is a great place to go fishing. There are many different kinds of fish to catch and the river is clean and clear.
9. Play in the Rio de Mouro Park – The Rio de Mouro Park is a great place to take the kids. There is a playground, a picnic area, and a basketball court.
10. Visit the Rio de Mouro Zoo – The Rio de Mouro Zoo is a great place to visit. It is small but has a variety of animals to see.