There’s no shortage of kid-friendly activities in Richmond, BC. From indoor playgrounds and museums to outdoor parks and farms, there’s something for everyone.
Indoor playgrounds are a great option when the weather isn’t cooperating. The Richmond Olympic Oval has a fun play area for kids, or check out Monkey Business Café, an indoor play space with a café for adults.
Museums are always a hit with kids. The Vancouver Maritime Museum has kid-friendly exhibits and programs, while the Richmond Museum offers a Child’s Gallery with hands-on activities.
Farmers markets are a great way to spend a sunny day with the kids. Richmond’s Farmers Market runs year-round, rain or shine, and has tons of kid-friendly activities like face painting and live entertainment.
Outdoor parks are a great option for fresh air and running around. Minoru Park is a popular spot, or check out Terra Nova Rural Park for a more natural setting.
For a unique activity, head to the Richmond Nature Park to explore the wetland habitats. It’s a great opportunity to learn about the local wildlife and get some exercise at the same time.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Richmond, Canada
1. Take a tour of the Richmond Olympic Oval – see where the athletes competed in the 2010 Winter Olympics!
2. Visit the Richmond Nature Park – a great place to explore nature and see some local wildlife.
3. Check out the Steveston Village – a historic fishing village with lots of great shops and restaurants.
4. Visit the Richmond Art Gallery – see some amazing local art and maybe even participate in a workshop.
5. Head to Minoru Park – a great spot for a picnic lunch or to just relax in the sun.
6. Go for a swim at Richmond Olympic Pool – take a dip in the pool that was used in the 2010 Olympics!
7. explore the Richmond Night Market – a unique market that’s open late at night and has lots of great food.
8. Take a walk or bike ride along the dyke trails – enjoy some beautiful views of the river and nature.
9. Visit the Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site – learn about Richmond’s history as a shipbuilding town.
10. Spend a day at Granville Island – explore the public market, do some shopping, and enjoy the views.