There’s plenty for kids to see and do in Richmond! For starters, the Safari Park is a great place to spot native Australian wildlife. The park is also home to the Yarra Bend Parklands, which has plenty of space to run around, plus BBQ and picnic areas.
If your kids are into sport, they’ll love the Melbourne Cricket Ground, where they can watch a match or take a tour. Or for something really active, try vertical rock climbing at Richmond Recreation Centre.
If your kids are into arts and culture, they’ll love the Melbourne Arts Centre. They can watch a performance, take a guided tour or even try their hand at some art activities.
And for something really different, why not try a spot of horse riding at the Richmond Equestrian Centre? There’s plenty of trails to explore, plus a chance to meet the resident ponies!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Richmond, Australia
1. Visit the Melbourne Zoo: The Melbourne Zoo is a great place to take kids of all ages. With over 300 species of animals, it’s sure to be a hit with the little ones.
2. Stroll Through the Royal Botanic Gardens: The Royal Botanic Gardens are a beautiful place to take a stroll, admire the plants and flowers, and learn about the different species.
3. Check Out the Healesville Sanctuary: The Healesville Sanctuary is a great place to see native Australian animals in their natural habitat.
4. Visit the Poe Museum: The Poe Museum is a must-see for any fan of the dark and macabre.
5.Explore the Historic City Center: Richmond’s Historic City Center is a great place to walk around, learn about the city’s history, and do some shopping.
6. Visit the Richmond Market: The Richmond Market is a great place to find fresh produce, local crafts, and other goodies.
7. Take a Walk or bike Ride Through the Richmond Parkland: Richmond Parkland is a great place to get some fresh air and exercise. There are plenty of walking and biking trails to explore.
8. Visit the Richmond Art Gallery: The Richmond Art Gallery is a great place to see some local artwork and maybe even find a new favorite artist.
9. tour the Richmond Brewery: The Richmond Brewery is a great place to learn about the brewing process and taste some of the locally made beer.
10. Visit the Richmond Historic ships: The Richmond Historic ships are a great way to learn about the city’s maritime history.