There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Richlands, Virginia. For the outdoorsy family, Claytor Lake State Park is a great place to spend the day. There are hiking trails, a playground, a beach area, and plenty of space to run around. For a more urban adventure, head to Historic downtown Richlands. This area is full of shops, restaurants, and cafes. There is also a kid-friendly museum, the Richlands Railroad Museum, which is perfect for a rainy day.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Richlands, Virginia
1. Hike to the top of Big Walker Mountain for panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
2. Visit the historic towns of Richlands and Saltville for a taste of small-town Virginia life.
3. Take a scenic drive down the Youngstown Road to see the beautiful mountains and valleys of Southwest Virginia.
4. Go fishing in one of Richlands’ many lakes and streams.
5. Play a round of golf at one of the city’s public courses.
6. Visit the Richlands Museum and cultural center for a glimpse into the city’s history and culture.
7. Take a scenic hike through the Richlands Wildlife Management Area.
8. Go camping in the nearby Mount Rogers National Recreation Area.
9. Take a scenic drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway.
10. Visit theEMAIL Newport News Shipbuilding and Peirce Mill for a look at the city’s maritime history.