If you’re looking for kid-friendly fun in Reston, Virginia, you’ll definitely want to check out some of these family-friendly attractions! For a start, the Reston Zoo is always a hit with the little ones – and it’s educational too! If your family enjoys being active outdoors, you can’t go wrong with a visit to one of Reston’s many parks, such as Lake Fairfax Park or the Reston National Golf Course. Or, take a leisurely stroll down Reston’s scenic walking trails. Kids will also love checking out the Reston Town Center, where they can shop, dine, and enjoy live entertainment. And of course, no trip to Reston would be complete without a visit to the Kidz Kampus Children’s Museum!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Reston, Virginia
1. Visit the Kidspace Children’s Museum – The Kidspace Children’s Museum is a great place for kids to learn and explore. There are many interactive exhibits that teach kids about science, art, and history.
2. Play at one of Reston’s many parks – Reston has over 20 parks for kids to play in. There are playgrounds, trails, fields, and courts for kids to enjoy.
3. Go on a nature hike – Reston is home to many nature trails. These trails are perfect for a family hike.
4. Visit the Reston Zoo – The Reston Zoo is a great place to see animals from all over the world. The zoo also offers many educational programs for kids.
5. Go fishing at one of Reston’s lakes – Reston has four lakes that are perfect for fishing. Kids can learn how to fish, or just enjoy the experience.
6. Attend a performance at the CenterStage – The CenterStage is a performing arts center that offers many kids shows throughout the year.
7. Go ice skating at the Reston Town Center – The Reston Town Center has an outdoor ice skating rink that is open in the winter months.
8. Play mini golf at the Reston National Golf Course – The Reston National Golf Course has a mini golf course that is perfect for kids.
9. Take a scenic bike ride – Reston is home to many scenic bike trails. These trails are perfect for a family bike ride.
10. Visit the National Air and Space Museum’s Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center – The Udvar-Hazy Center is a great place for kids to learn about airplanes and space. There are many interactive exhibits and a IMAX theater.