There are many kid friendly activities to do in Recife, Brazil. The beaches are a great place to start, as there are many activities that can be enjoyed in the sand and water. Visitors can soak up the sun, build sandcastles, go swimming, and even try their hand at surfing. There are also a number of parks perfect for picnics, playing games, or just running around and exploring. The city center is also full of sights and attractions that will appeal to young ones, such as the Museu de Ciencias Naturais, the Cathedral of Sao Pedro dos Clerigos, and the Capibaribe River.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Recife, Brazil
1. Visit the Museu do Pernambuco – This museum is dedicated to the state of Pernambuco and its history. It is a great place to learn about the culture and traditions of the area.
2. Go to the beach – Recife is known for its beautiful beaches. Spend a day lounging on the sand and swimming in the clear blue waters.
3. Visit the Olinda Historic Centre – This UNESCO World Heritage site is a must-see when in Recife. Wander through the streets and admire the colonial architecture.
4. Check out the Boa Viagem district – This trendy district is full of shops, restaurants, and bars. It’s the perfect place to people watch and do some shopping.
5.Explore the Parque das Esculturas – This park is home to a number of sculptures by famous Brazilian artists. It’s a great place to take a stroll and enjoy the artwork.
6. Visit the Cathedral of Olinda – This beautiful cathedral is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Recife. Climb to the top of the bell tower for stunning views of the city.
7. Take a boat ride through the canals – Recife is sometimes referred to as the “Venice of Brazil” because of its network of canals. Take a boat ride and explore the city from the water.
8. Go on a shopping spree – Recife is a shopper’s paradise. From boutique shops to large malls, you’ll be sure to find what you’re looking for.
9. Visit the Recife Antigo district – This historic district is full of 18th and 19th century architecture. Stroll through the streets and imagine what life was like in the past.
10. Learn about Afro-Brazilian culture – Recife is home to a large population of Afro-Brazilians. Visit a museum or take a tour to learn about this important part of Brazilian culture.