There are plenty of kid friendly activities to keep young ones entertained in Realitos, Texas. For those who enjoy the outdoors, there is plenty of space to explore at the city’s two parks. At Maximo Gomez Park, children can play on the jungle gym, swing on the swingset, or cool off in the sprayground.Across town at Liberty Park, youngsters can take a stroll on the walking trail, have a picnic, or challenge each other to a game of basketball or tennis.
Indoors, the Realitos Public Library is a great place to take a break from the heat and check out some books. The library also hosts regular events such as story time, movie nights, and educational programs.
For a unique activity, kids can check out the Realitos Cemetery which is home to headstones dating back to the 1800s. While it may seem like an odd place for a family outing, the cemetery is actually a peaceful and serene spot. Visitors often see deer, rabbits, and other wildlife among the tombstones.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Realitos, Texas
1. Visit the Realitos Heritage Museum
2. Play a round of golf at the Realitos Municipal Golf Course
3. Go swimming at the Realitos Community Pool
4. Take a hike or bike ride on the Realitos Nature Trail
5. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area
6. Have a picnic at Realitos City Park
7. Visit the Realitos Public Library
8. Attend a sporting event at Realitos High School
9. Go stargazing at night
10. Go on a hayride at the Realitos County Fair