Readsboro is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them busy. Here are just a few ideas:
The Readsboro Glassworks is a great place to take the kids. They can see how glass is made and even make their own piece of art.
The Readsboro Recreation Park is a perfect place to let the kids run around and burn off some energy. They can play on the playground, go for a swim in the pool, or play some tennis.
If the kids are looking for something a little more adventurous, they can go for a hike up VT Rte. 100. This is a beautiful scenic drive that takes you through some of Vermont’s best scenery. At the top of the road, you can stop at the fire tower and get a great view of the surrounding area.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Readsboro, Vermont
1. Visit the dentist – Readsboro Dental is a great place for kids to get their teeth checked and cleaned. The staff is friendly and they offer a variety of services for children, including x-rays, teeth cleaning, and fillings.
2. Get a haircut – Readsboro Barbershop is a great place for kids to get their hair cut. The staff is friendly and they offer a variety of services for children, including haircuts, styling, and coloring.
3. Visit the library – Readsboro Public Library is a great place for kids to check out books, use the computers, or attend one of the many programs they offer.
4. Play at the park – Readsboro has several parks, including Town Hall Park, which has a playground, basketball court, and pavilion.
5. Go fishing – Readsboro is home to several brooks and streams, which are great for trout fishing. A fishing license is required for anyone 16 years of age or older.
6. Play golf – Readsboro is home to a 9-hole golf course, which is great for beginners or experienced golfers.
7. Go camping – Readsboro is home to several campgrounds, including the Mohawk Trail State Forest, which offers hiking, biking, and camping.
8. Visit a museum – Readsboro is home to the Vermont Folklife Center, which offers exhibits and programs about the state’s history and culture.
9. Take a hike – Readsboro is home to several hiking trails, including the Mohawk Trail, which offers scenic views of the Green Mountains.
10. Go sledding – Readsboro is home to several hills, which are great for sledding.