Rayland, Ohio is a historic and charming small town located in the heart of Ohio. The town is home to a variety of kid-friendly activities, including a playground, a splash pad, a variety of shops and restaurants, and a variety of historic buildings. The town is also home to a variety of events, including a farmers market, a variety of festivals, and concerts.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rayland, Ohio
1. Visit the Geauga Lake Wildlife Preserve – The Geauga Lake Wildlife Preserve is home to over 100 species of animals, including many rare and endangered species. The preserve offers a variety of educational programs and activities for kids, including a Junior Ranger program, a summer camp, and a nature center.
2. Take a hike at Punderson State Park – Punderson State Park is home to miles of hiking trails, a lake for swimming and fishing, and a variety of other outdoor activities. The park also offers an educational program for kids, called the “Punderson Discovery Program.”
3. Visit the Geauga Lake Amusement Park – The Geauga Lake Amusement Park is a popular destination for families with kids of all ages. The park features a variety of rides, games, and attractions, as well as a water park.
4. Go sledding at one of the many sledding hills in the area – There are a number of sledding hills in and around Rayland, Ohio, making it the perfect place to enjoy a winter day.
5. Visit the Glacial Grooves State Memorial – The Glacial Grooves State Memorial is a fascinating place to learn about Ohio’s history. The grooves were created by glaciers during the last ice age and are the largest of their kind in the world.
6. Take a scenic drive down the Ohio River Scenic Byway – The Ohio River Scenic Byway is a beautiful drive that takes you along the Ohio River and through some of the most scenic areas of the state.
7. Visit the First Ladies National Historic Site – The First Ladies National Historic Site is a must-see for any history buff. The site features the homes of all of the first ladies of the United States, as well as a museum and a library.
8. Take a walk or bike ride through one of the many parks in the area – Rayland is home to a number of parks, including Cuyahoga Valley National Park, which is one of the most popular parks in the country.
9. Visit the Cleveland Zoo – The Cleveland Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. The zoo features a variety of animals, as well as a number of educational programs and activities.
10. Enjoy a meal at one of the many family-friendly restaurants in the area – There are a number of great restaurants in Rayland, Ohio that cater to families with kids.