Rawtenstall is a town located in Rossendale, Lancashire, England. It lies on the River Irwell, 4 miles (6.4 km) east of Haslingden, 6 miles (9.7 km) northwest of Ramsbottom and 11 miles (17.7 km) northeast of Bury. The town is twinned with Bacup and Haslingden. The population of Rawtenstall at the 2011 census was 15,132.
There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Rawtenstall. For example, you can visit the Rossendale Leisure Trust which offers a range of facilities including a swimming pool, gym, and sport courts. There is also an annual Rawtenstall Gala which usually takes place in late June or early July and features a parade, stalls, and entertainment. other kid friendly activities in Rawtenstall include going for walks in one of the local parks or nature trails, visiting the Animal Centre, or attending one of the many holiday clubs or activities held at the Rawtenstall Library.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rawtenstall, United Kingdom
1. Visit the Animal Quackers petting farm.
2. Climb to the top of Rawtenstall Castle.
3. Go for a walk or bike ride along the scenic Leeds and Liverpool Canal.
4. Explore the inside of Rawtenstall Mosque.
5. Check out the reptiles at the Rawtenstall Zoological Gardens.
6. Play some miniature golf at the Jurassic Adventure Golf course.
7. Learn about local history at the Rawtenstall Museum.
8. Enjoy a picnic lunch in Haslingden Grane Park.
9. Go for a swim at the Rawtenstall Swimming Pool.
10. Visit the open-air market on Bank Street.