There are many kid friendly things to do in Rattan, Oklahoma. One of the most popular is visiting the Rattan Zoo. The zoo has many different animals that kids can see and learn about. Another popular kid friendly activity in Rattan is going to the Rattan Water Park. The water park has many different slides and pools that kids can enjoy. Lastly, one of the most popular kid friendly places in Rattan is the Rattan Skate Park. The skate park has many different ramps and rails that kids can skate on.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Rattan, Oklahoma
1. Visit the Rattan Public Library- The Rattan Public Library is a great place for kids to explore and learn. The library offers a variety of programs and resources for kids, including story time, book clubs, and a summer reading program.
2. Attend a performance at the Rattan Civic Center- The Rattan Civic Center hosts a variety of performances throughout the year, including live music, theatre, and dance. The Civic Center is also home to the Rattan Community Theatre, which offers youth theatre programs.
3. Go for a swim at the Rattan Aquatic Center- The Rattan Aquatic Center is a great place to cool off in the summer. The Aquatic Center features a lap pool, zero-depth entry pool, splash pad, and slides. The Aquatic Center also offers swim lessons for all levels.
4. Play at one of Rattan’s parks- Rattan has several parks that are perfect for a day of play. Parks in Rattan include Memorial Park, which features a playground and pavilion; Pioneer Park, which has a hiking trail and fishing pond; and Rotary Park, which has a basketball court and sand volleyball court.
5. Take a hike at the Nature Conservancy’s Wister Lake Preserve- The Nature Conservancy’s Wister Lake Preserve is a great place to explore the outdoors. The Preserve features a variety of hiking trails, as well as a picnic area and fishing pier.
6. Visit the Oklahoma Route 66 Museum- The Oklahoma Route 66 Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the Mother Road. The museum features a variety of exhibits, as well as a gift shop.
7. Go on a hayride at the Discovery Ranch- Discovery Ranch is a working cattle ranch that offers hayrides, trail rides, and camping. Discovery Ranch is also home to a variety of animals, including horses, cows, goats, and pigs.
8. Attend a race at the Rattan Raceway- The Rattan Raceway hosts a variety of races throughout the year, including go-kart races, stock car races, and motorcycle races. The Raceway also offers a driving school for kids.
9. Explore the Chickasaw National Recreation Area- The Chickasaw National Recreation Area is a great place to enjoy the outdoors. The Recreation Area features a variety of hiking trails, as well as a lake for swimming, fishing, and boating.
10. Learn about Native American culture at the Chisholm Trail Heritage Center- The Chisholm Trail Heritage Center is a museum that tells the story of the trail that brought cattle from Texas to Oklahoma. The Heritage Center also offers a variety of educational programs and events.