If you’re looking for kid-friendly fun in Ranger, Texas, you’ll find plenty to do. The city has a number of parks and playgrounds, as well as a public swimming pool. there are also a number of museums and other attractions.
For a day of outdoor fun, head to one of Ranger’s many parks. Memorial Park is a great option, with its playground, picnic tables, and walking trails. Or, take the kids to Martin Luther King Jr. Park to play on the playground, have a picnic, or go for a walk or bike ride.
For a day indoors, visit the Ranger Railroad and Heritage Museum. Here, kids can learn about the history of the area, see old railroad artifacts, and even take a ride on a real train. Other indoor options include the Ranger Public Library and the Ranger Texas Heritage Center.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ranger, Texas
1. Visit the International Wolf Center – The International Wolf Center is a great place to learn about wolves and their ecology. Ranger is home to a large population of wolves, and the center offers educational programs and displays about these amazing animals.
2. Take a trip to the Ranger Painted Desert – The Ranger Painted Desert is a beautiful natural landscape that is perfect for a day trip. The colorful rocks and landscape are a sight to behold, and there are plenty of hiking trails to explore.
3. Stop by the Ranger Arms Museum – The Ranger Arms Museum is a must-see for any gun lover. The museum showcases a wide collection of firearms, from historic to modern, and offers educational programs about gun safety and their impact on society.
4. Visit the Ranger Wildlife Sanctuary – The Ranger Wildlife Sanctuary is a great place to see some of Texas’ unique wildlife up close. The sanctuary is home to a variety of animals, including deer, bison, and even alligators.
5.Take a hike in the Ranger State Park – The Ranger State Park is a great place to get some exercise and enjoy the outdoors. The park has miles of hiking trails, and also offers fishing, camping, and picnicking.
6. Go for a swim in the Ranger Municipal Pool – The Ranger Municipal Pool is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. The pool is well-maintained and offers a variety of amenities, such as a diving board and slides.
7. Play a round of golf at the Ranger Country Club – The Ranger Country Club is a great place to enjoy a round of golf. The course is challenging but fair, and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
8. Visit the Ranger Public Library – The Ranger Public Library is a great resource for both residents and visitors. The library has a large collection of books, and also offers free Wi-Fi and public computers.
9. See a movie at the Ranger Cinema – The Ranger Cinema is a great place to catch a new release. The theater offers a variety of concessions, and also has a arcade.
10. Shop at the Ranger Outlet Mall – The Ranger Outlet Mall is a great place to find deals on clothing, shoes, and home goods. The mall is home to a variety of stores, and also has a food court.