If you’re planning a trip to Ranau with kids in tow, don’t worry – there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them entertained. For starters, they’ll love exploring the jungle at Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park, where they can spot monkeys, lizards and butterflies. If they’re looking for a thrill, take them zip-lining at the Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary or white water rafting down the Padas River.
For a more relaxed day out, head to the Kundasang War Memorial, where they can learn about the area’s history, or go for a stroll through the pretty tea plantations. If they’re feeling energetic, they can burn off some steam at the Ranau Town Recreational Park, which has a playground, basketball court and badminton courts.
At the end of a busy day, take them to soak in the hot springs at Poring Hot Springs, where they can relax in the natural pools – just make sure to keep an eye on them as there are steep drops in some areas.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ranau, Malaysia
1. Take a nature hike through Kinabalu Park.
2. Visit the Sabah Tea Plantation.
3. Go on a safari at Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary.
4. Get up close and personal with Orangutans at Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre.
5. Witness the majesty of Mount Kinabalu.
6. Take a dip in one of Ranau’s many waterfalls.
7. Learn about the local cultures at the Sabah Museum.
8. Taste delicious local cuisine.
9. Shop for souvenirs at the many markets in Ranau.
10. Enjoy the beautiful scenery.