Quimby, Iowa is a small town located in the northwest corner of the state. Despite its size, there are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Quimby. For outdoorsy kids, there’s hiking and fishing at nearby parks and lakes. If your kids are into arts and crafts, the Quimby Public Library offers weekly events like story time and craft time. There are also several local shops that host kid-friendly events, like the Quimby Cupcake Shop, which has regular cake decorating classes for kids. And if your kids are into sports, the Quimby Recreation Complex offers youth sports leagues for baseball, basketball, and soccer. No matter what your kids are into, they’re sure to find something to do in Quimby, Iowa.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Quimby, Iowa
1. Visit the Quimby Family Aquatic Center – The Family Aquatic Center is a great place to take the kids for a swim! The center has a zero-depth entry pool, two slides, a splash pad, and a concession stand.
2. Play at the Quimby Community Park – The community park is a great place for kids to run and play. The park has a playground, a basketball court, a baseball field, and a walking trail.
3. Go fishing at the Quimby Pond – The Quimby Pond is a great place to take the kids fishing. The pond is stocked with bass, catfish, and bluegill.
4. Visit the Quimby Zoo – The Quimby Zoo is a great place to take the kids to see animals. The zoo has over 30 animals, including lions, tigers, bears, and monkeys.
5. Attend a performance at the Quimby Theater – The Quimby Theater is a great place to take the kids to see a performance. The theater offers a variety of performances, including live music, children’s shows, and movies.
6. Go for a hike at the Quimby Nature Preserve – The Quimby Nature Preserve is a great place to take the kids for a hike. The preserve has over 4 miles of trails, including a boardwalk trail that goes through a wetland area.
7. Visit the Quimby Museum – The Quimby Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the area. The museum has exhibits on the Civil War, the Quimby family, and the early days of Quimby.
8. Go bowling at the Quimby Lanes – The Quimby Lanes is a great place to take the kids to go bowling. The lanes have bumper bowling for kids, and the alley also has a arcade.
9. Attend a sporting event at the Quimby Athletic Complex – The Quimby Athletic Complex is a great place to take the kids to watch a sporting event. The complex has a football field, a baseball diamond, and a track.
10. Have a picnic at the Quimby Memorial Park – The Quimby Memorial Park is a great place to take the kids for a picnic. The park has a pavilion, a playground, and a picnic shelter.