There are many kid friendly activities to do in Quimbaya, Colombia. A few of these activities include going to the Botanical Gardens, taking a cable car ride, visiting the Zoo, going to the Aquarium, and playing in one of the many parks. The Botanical Gardens have a wide variety of flowers and plants that children can learn about and enjoy looking at. The Zoo is a great place to see all sorts of animals, and the Aquarium has many different types of fish and other sea creatures. There are also many parks throughout Quimbaya that have playgrounds, picnic areas, and walking trails.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Quimbaya, Colombia
1. Visit the ancient city of Quimbaya: This ancient city is home to a well-preserved archaeological site that includes the remains of a pre-Columbian civilization. Visitors can explore the site, which includes a museum, and learn about the history and culture of the Quimbaya people.
2. See the Guacharos Cave: This cave is home to a colony of guacharos, or oilbirds. These birds are interesting to observe as they fly in and out of the cave in search of food.
3. Take a stroll through the botanical gardens: The botanical gardens in Quimbaya are a beautiful place to take a leisurely stroll. The gardens are home to a variety of plant and tree species, as well as a number of sculptures.
4. Visit the Quimbaya Zoo: The Quimbaya Zoo is a great place to learn about the animal kingdom. The zoo has a variety of animals, including some that are native to Colombia.
5. Take a tour of a coffee plantation: Quimbaya is located in the heart of Colombia’s coffee-growing region. As such, there are a number of coffee plantations in the area that offer tours to visitors. These tours provide an opportunity to learn about the coffee-making process and to sample some of the region’s best coffee.
6. Go white-water rafting: The RiverQUI is a great place for an adrenaline-pumping white-water rafting adventure. The river is located near Quimbaya and is suitable for rafters of all skill levels.
7. Hike to the top of the Mesa de Los Santos: The Mesa de Los Santos is a large plateau that offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The hike to the top is moderately challenging, but the effort is well worth it.
8. Visit the Museo del Oro: The Museo del Oro is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Quimbaya. The museum houses a large collection of pre-Columbian gold artifacts.
9. Take a scenic drive: The countryside around Quimbaya is incredibly beautiful. A scenic drive is a great way to take in the sights and sounds of the region.
10. Go birdwatching: The area around Quimbaya is home to a wide variety of bird species. Birdwatchers will have a field day exploring the region in search of their feathered friends.