There are many kid-friendly things to do in Qufu, China. One activity is to take a walk or bike ride around Qufu’s ancient city walls. The city walls are over six miles long and offer a great view of the city. Another activity is to visit the Confucius Temple. The temple is a UNESCO World Heritage site and has been a place of worship for Confucius for over 2,000 years. There are many interactive exhibits about Confucius and his teachings. Kids will also enjoy the Confucius Family Mansion, which was the home of Confucius’s descendants for over 700 years. The mansion is a large complex with many courtyards, gardens, and halls. There are also various kid-friendly shops and restaurants in Qufu.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Qufu, China
1. Take a step back in time and explore the ancient city of Qufu. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is the birthplace of Confucius, and is full of historic temples, palaces, and other cultural sites.
2. Visit the Temple of Confucius, the largest and most important Confucian temple in the world.
3. Take a walk or bike ride around scenic Qufu Lake.
4. Visit the Qufu Museum to learn more about the city’s rich history.
5. Stroll through the beautiful gardens at the Kong Family Mansion.
6. Sample some of the local cuisine at one of Qufu’s many eateries.
7. Shop for souvenirs at the Qufu Confucius Cultural Artifacts Street.
8. Take a boat ride down the River of Wisdom.
9. Attend a performance of traditional Chinese opera at the Qufu Opera House.
10. Spend a day exploring the countryside around Qufu.