There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to enjoy in Putnam Valley, New York. One great option is visiting one of the many parks in the area, such as Lake Oscawana Park, Tilly Foster Farm, or Putnam Valley State Park. Other fun activities include going on a hike, visiting a local farm or farmers market, or taking a scenic drive through the countryside. Putnam Valley is also home to a number of museums and historic sites, many of which offer kid-friendly programs and activities. And, of course, no visit to Putnam Valley would be complete without spending some time on the shores of beautiful Lake Oscawana.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Putnam Valley, New York
1. Stop by the Putnam Valley Visitor’s Center to learn about the town’s history and pick up a map of the area.
2. Head to the Putnam Valley Library for some quiet time reading or to participate in one of their many free programs.
3. Spend a day at Clay-Putnam State Park hiking the trails, picnicking, or fishing in the well-stocked pond.
4. Check out the Putnam Valley Museum to learn about the town’s past through artifacts and exhibits.
5. Head to the Putnam Valley Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings to pick up some fresh local produce.
6. Pack a lunch and head to one of Putnam Valley’s many parks for a picnic and some time playing on the playground.
7. Go for a scenic bike ride or walk along the Putnam Valley River Trail.
8. In the summer, cool off with a refreshing swim at the Putnam Valley Pool.
9. Play a round of mini golf or go for a spin on the go karts at Putnam Valley Funland.
10. visit the Ice Cream Parlour for a sweet treat!