The area around Putnam Station is home to many kid-friendly activities. The Adirondack Park is a great place to hike and explore with the family. There are also numerous lakes and ponds in the area that are perfect for swimming and fishing in the summertime. If you’re looking for something a little more low-key, there are plenty of parks and playgrounds in the area for the kids to enjoy. Additionally, Putnam Station is home to several family-friendly restaurants and cafes, as well as a few ice cream shops that are sure to please the kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Putnam Station, New York
1. Hike to the top of Mount Utsayantha: This 3,600-foot mountain is the perfect place to take in the beautiful views of Putnam Station and the surrounding area. There are several hiking trails to choose from, so you can find one that is right for your family.
2. Visit the Great Swamp: The Great Swamp is a magical place full of wildlife and beautiful plants. There are several hiking trails and boardwalks that wind through the swamp, so you can explore at your own pace.
3. Have a picnic at Norfolk Fields: Norfolk Fields is a beautiful park with plenty of open space for a picnic or a game of frisbee. The fields are also a great place to watch the sunset.
4. Take a rowboat out on Lake Champlain: Lake Champlain is a beautiful lake that is perfect for a leisurely rowboat ride. You can also go fishing or swimming in the lake if you like.
5. Visit the Chimney Bluffs: The Chimney Bluffs are a series of cliffs that were formed by erosion. They are a beautiful sight to see and there are several hiking trails that lead to the top of the bluffs.
6. Go apple picking at a local farm: Putnam Station is surrounded by beautiful apple farms. You can pick your own apples right off the trees and take them home with you.
7. Go on a hayride: Hayrides are a fun way to see the countryside. Many farms in the area offer hayrides, so you can find one that is close by.
8. Visit the Putnam Museum: The Putnam Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area. The museum has several exhibits that are perfect for kids.
9. Go for a scenic drive: Putnam Station is located in a beautiful part of New York State. Take a drive and explore the winding roads and scenic views.
10. Go camping: There are several campgrounds in the area that are perfect for a family camping trip. You can set up your tent and roast marshmallows over a campfire.