If you’re looking for kid-friendly things to do in Puerto de la Cruz, Spain, you’ve come to the right place! This charming town has plenty to offer families with young children. From the black sand beaches to the vibrant streets lined with shops and restaurants, there’s something for everyone in Puerto de la Cruz. The Lago Martiánez Complex is a must-see, with its four pools, one of which is heated, and its beautiful gardens. The nearby Parque del Lago is perfect for a picnic lunch, and the playground is sure to keep the kids entertained. For a day of adventure, head to the Orotava Valley to explore the hiking trails and waterfalls. Or, take a ride on the Teleférico de Puerto de la Cruz, which offers stunning views of the town and the coast. No matter what you decide to do, you’re sure to have a great time in Puerto de la Cruz with your family.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Puerto De La Cruz, Spain
1. Visit the Loro Parque Zoo: Loro Parque is a world-renowned zoo located in Puerto de la Cruz, Spain. The zoo is home to over 4,000 animals, including many endangered species. The zoo also features a wide variety of attractions and exhibits, making it a great place to spend a day with the family.
2. Take a dip in the Lago Martianez: The Lago Martianez is a man-made lagoon located in Puerto de la Cruz. The lagoon is surrounded by white sand beaches and is a great place to take a dip, relax, and soak up the sun.
3. Visit the Plaza de Espana: The Plaza de Espana is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Puerto de la Cruz. The plaza is home to a number of historic buildings and monuments, as well as a variety of shops and restaurants.
4. Walk along the Paseo de la Explanada: The Paseo de la Explanada is a promenade that runs along the seafront in Puerto de la Cruz. The promenade is a great place to take a stroll, people watch, and enjoy the stunning views of the ocean.
5. Go on a boat tour: Puerto de la Cruz is home to a number of boat tour companies that offer a variety of tours, ranging from whale watching to sunset cruises. A boat tour is a great way to see the city from a different perspective and learn more about its history and culture.
6. Visit the Castillo de San Felipe: The Castillo de San Felipe is a 16th-century fortress located in Puerto de la Cruz. The fortress is now a museum and is open to the public for tours. The Castillo de San Felipe is a great place to learn about the history of Puerto de la Cruz and the Spanish colonization of the Canary Islands.
7. Shop at the Mercado Municipal: The Mercado Municipal is a covered market located in the center of Puerto de la Cruz. The market is a great place to find fresh fruits, vegetables, and seafood, as well as a variety of other goods.
8. Drive up to the Mirador del Camello: The Mirador del Camello is a viewpoint located on the outskirts of Puerto de la Cruz. The viewpoint offers panoramic views of the city and the surrounding area. The Mirador del Camello is a great place to take pictures and enjoy the scenery.
9. Visit the Museo de la Naturaleza y el Hombre: The Museo de la Naturaleza y el Hombre is a museum located in Puerto de la Cruz. The museum is home to a number of exhibitions that showcase the natural history of the Canary Islands and the history of the people who have lived on the islands.
10. Enjoy the nightlife: Puerto de la Cruz is home to a number of bars, clubs, and restaurants that offer a wide variety of nightlife options. Whether you want to dance the night away or relax with a drink, you’ll find something to do in Puerto de la Cruz.