Puente Alto is a great place to raise a family. The city has a variety of kid-friendly activities to keep your little ones entertained. For starters, the city has several parks that are perfect for a picnic or a game of catch. Puente Alto also has a few museums, such as the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Museum of Natural History, which are both great for a rainy day. If your kids are looking for a little more excitement, they can always head to the Puente Alto Zoo or the Aquarium. And, of course, no trip to Puente Alto would be complete without a visit to the Plaza de Armas, the city’s main square.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Puente Alto, Chile
1. Foundation RodrigoPD: This foundation was created to help victims of the Pinochet dictatorship and their families. They offer free medical and legal services, as well as therapy and support groups.
2. Museo de los Niños: This museum is designed specifically for children and features interactive exhibits on science, technology, and culture.
3. Biblioteca Julio Cortázar: This library has a special section for children with books in both Spanish and English. They also offer storytelling hours and other activities.
4. Parque de la Democracia: This park has a playground, a water park, and a stage where events and concerts are often held.
5. Parque Bicentenario: This park has a wide open space perfect for picnics, a lake with pedal boats, and a playground.
6. Cerro San Cristobal: This hill offers stunning views of the city and is a great place to hike or bike.
7. Vivero typically del Maipo: This nursery offers a variety of outdoor activities for children such as horseback riding, hiking, and fishing.
8. Reserva Nacional Los Flamencos: This national reserve is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including flamingos. There are also hiking trails and a visitor center.
9. Parque Zoo: This zoo is home to over 1000 animals, including many native Chilean species. There are also a number of interactive exhibits and a petting zoo.
10. Plaza de Armas: This plaza is the historic center of the city and features a number of beautiful colonial buildings. It is also a great place to people watch and enjoy a tasty snack from one of the many street vendors.