Welcome to Princeton, Maine! This charming small town is the perfect place to bring your family for a weekend getaway. There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Princeton, Maine. Start your trip by exploring the town’s historic downtown. Stroll down Main Street and pop into the local shops. Be sure to stop at the Candy Shoppe for some delicious homemade fudge. Then, take a walking tour of the downtown area to learn more about the town’s history.
Next, head to the Princeton Railroad Museum. Here, your kids can learn all about the town’s railroad history and even take a ride on a real train! Be sure to visit the museum’s gift shop before you leave. Afterward, take a short drive to see some of the amazing views of the area. Stop at Mooselookmeguntic Lake for a picnic lunch and a swim. Or, drive up to Mt. Battie for breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
No matter what you do, your family is sure to have a blast in Princeton, Maine.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Princeton, Maine
1. Enjoy a family picnic at one of Princeton’s many scenic parks, such as Robinson Park or Pine Tree Park.
2. Go for a leisurely stroll or bike ride around Princeton’s beautiful historic downtown district.
3. Visit the Princeton Museum and learn about the town’s rich history and cultural heritage.
4. Spend a day at the beach swimming, fishing, and picnicking at Taugus Pond or Richardson Park.
5. Go hiking or camping in one of Princeton’s many scenic woodlands, such as Jones Brook State Park or Purity Spring Resort.
6. Take a scenic drive or train ride through the picturesque mountains and forests of northern Maine.
7. Visit the Moosehead Lake region and view the majestic Moosehead Lake from one of the many observation decks.
8. Enjoy a day of shopping and dining in one of Princeton’s many quaint shops and restaurants.
9. Play a round of golf at one of Princeton’s scenic golf courses, such as the Mt. Pleasant Golf Club.
10. Plan a weekend getaway to one of Princeton’s many bed and breakfast inns or resorts.