There’s tons for families to do in Prince George, Canada! For outdoor fun, head to one of the city’s many parks – like Rotary Park, Cottonwood Island Nature Park, or Nisga’a Park. There are also hiking and biking trails throughout the city that are perfect for exploring. If you’re looking for something indoors, check out the Exploration Place Science Centre and Museum, or the Art Gallery of Prince George. And no trip to Prince George would be complete without a visit to the CN Centre to see the Prince George Cougars hockey team in action!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Prince George, Canada
1. visit the Exploration Place
2. see a show at the Prince George Playhouse
3. go skating at the Kin Centre
4. visit the Prince George Railway & Forestry Museum
5. explore Fort George Park
6. play at the Cottonwood Island Nature Park
7. take a walk or bike ride on the Nechako Riverfront Trail
8. visit the Michener Art Gallery
9. go swimming at the Eldorado Outdoor Pool
10. explore the campus of the University of Northern British Columbia
1. The Exploration Place is a science museum that is perfect for kids. There are loads of interactive exhibits, a planetarium, and an IMAX theatre.
2. The Prince George Playhouse is a great place to see a show. They have everything from musicals to comedies to dramas.
3. The Kin Centre is a great place to go skating. They have a public skating rink as well as a hockey rink.
4. The Prince George Railway & Forestry Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area. They have a variety of exhibits and a train that you can ride.
5. Fort George Park is a great place to explore. There are hiking trails, a playground, and a beach.
6. The Cottonwood Island Nature Park is a great place to play. There are hiking trails, a playground, and a nature center.
7. The Nechako Riverfront Trail is a great place to take a walk or ride a bike. There are plenty of places to stop and enjoy the view.
8. The Michener Art Gallery is a great place to see a variety of art. They have both permanent and temporary exhibits.
9. The Eldorado Outdoor Pool is a great place to go swimming. They have a diving board, a slide, and a kiddie pool.
10. The University of Northern British Columbia is a great place to explore. They have a beautiful campus with plenty of green space.