There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Prestonsburg, Kentucky! One popular spot is the Big Rock Adventure Park, which features a variety of kid-friendly activities like rock climbing, zip lining, and a ropes course. Another great option is the Kentucky Action Park, which has an water park, go karts, and mini golf. For a more educational experience, the coal mine museum is a great option, as well as the obvious choice of visiting the local schools and libraries. And of course, no visit to Prestonsburg would be complete without a trip to see the statue of Barney Fife!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Prestonsburg, Kentucky
1. Visit the Big Rock Resort – The Big Rock Resort is a great place to bring the kids for a day of fun. The resort features a water park, mini golf, arcade, and more.
2. go karting at the Coal Country Raceway – The Coal Country Raceway is a great place to take the kids for a day of go karting fun. The raceway features a variety of tracks for all skill levels.
3. Visit the Prestonsburg Farmer’s Market – The Prestonsburg Farmer’s Market is a great place to take the kids to get some fresh air and buy some local produce. The market features a variety of vendors selling fresh fruits and vegetables, baked goods, and more.
4. take a hike through the Daniel Boone National Forest – The Daniel Boone National Forest is a great place to take the kids for a day of hiking and exploring. The forest features a variety of trails of varying difficulty levels.
5. have a picnic at the Mayo River State Park – The Mayo River State Park is a great place to take the kids for a day of picnicking and playing. The park features a variety of picnic tables, a playground, and a fishing pier.
6. go fishing at the Cave Run Lake – The Cave Run Lake is a great place to take the kids for a day of fishing. The lake features a variety of fish including trout, bass, and catfish.
7. take a swim at the Prestonsburg Swimming Pool – The Prestonsburg Swimming Pool is a great place to take the kids for a day of swimming and relaxing. The pool features a variety of swim lanes, a diving board, and a baby pool.
8. visit the iFly Indoor Skydiving – The iFly Indoor Skydiving is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. The facility features a variety of flights for all skill levels.
9. play laser tag at the Battlezone Paintball and Laser Tag – The Battlezone Paintball and Laser Tag is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. The facility features a variety of laser tag games and a paintball arena.
10. visit the Coal Mine Museum – The Coal Mine Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of coal mining in the area. The museum features a variety of exhibits on the history of coal mining, the equipment used, and the people who worked in the mines.