There are many kid friendly things to do in Pownal, Maine! For example, kids can go to the Pownal Ball Park and Recreation Area to play on the playground, have a picnic, or play sports. They can also explore the Pownal Linear Trail, which is a 4.5 mile hike/bike trail that goes through the woods and past a few ponds. There are also many short hiking trails in Pownal that are perfect for kids, such as the Bald Mountain Trail and the Mill Brook Trail. And last but not least, no trip to Pownal would be complete without visiting the world-famous Les Schwab Tire Center!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Pownal, Maine
1. Visit Old Saco River Fort: The old Saco River fort was used during the Revolutionary War to protect settlers from the British. Today, it is a popular spot for picnics, hiking, and fishing.
2. Hike to the top of Munday Brook Falls: Munday Brook Falls is a popular spot for swimming, picnicking, and hiking. The falls are located on a hiking trail that is about 1.5 miles long.
3. Go fishing at Sebago Lake: Sebago Lake is a popular spot for fishing, swimming, and camping. There are many different kinds of fish that can be caught in the lake, including bass, trout, and perch.
4. Visit the Pownalboro Covered Bridge: The Pownalboro Covered Bridge was built in 1887 and is one of the oldest covered bridges in Maine. It is located on a hiking trail and is a popular spot for picnicking and fishing.
5. Take a scenic drive on the Carriage Road: The Carriage Road is a scenic road that runs through the town of Pownal. It is a great place to take a drive and enjoy the scenery.
6. Visit the Pownal Historical Society Museum: The Pownal Historical Society Museum is located in the town of Pownal. It is a great place to learn about the history of the town and see some of the artifacts that have been found in the area.
7. Go hiking on the mountain trails: There are many different mountain trails located in the town of Pownal. These trails are a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the scenery.
8. Visit the Pownalboro Library: The Pownalboro Library is located in the town of Pownal. It is a great place to find books and other resources about the town and its history.
9. Play a round of golf at the Pownalboro Country Club: The Pownalboro Country Club is located in the town of Pownal. It is a great place to play a round of golf and enjoy the scenery.
10. Have a picnic at one of the parks: There are many different parks located in the town of Pownal. These parks are a great place to have a picnic and enjoy the outdoors.