There are plenty of fun things for kids to do in Portland, Maine! For starters, Casco Bay is a great place to explore with its many islands and lighthouses. The Portland Museum of Art is also a hit with kids, as it has a hands-on studio where they can create their own art. And let’s not forget about Deering Oaks Park, where kids can feed the ducks and explore the hiking trails. There are also several kid-friendly restaurants in Portland, such as the popular Maine Diner, which is known for its lobster rolls. So whether you’re looking for a place to take the kids for a day trip or a weekend getaway, Portland is a great option!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Portland, Maine
1. Walk or take a trolley around the historic Old Port district.
2. Visit the Portland Observatory, the last standing marine signal tower in the United States.
3. Browse the independent boutiques and art galleries on Congress Street.
4. Enjoy fresh seafood at one of Portland’s many seafood restaurants.
5. Visit the Children’s Museum of Maine.
6. Have fun at the pirate-themed Pirates’ Cove Adventure Golf.
7. Take a ride on the Casco Bay Lines ferry.
8. Explore the grounds of the Portland Head Light.
9. Visit the Wildlife Park at the Maine Audubon.
10. Check out the hands-on exhibits at the Portland Science Center.