If you’re looking for kid-friendly things to do in Porter Corners, New York, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of options for indoor and outdoor activities, so you can find something to suit your family’s interests and energy levels.
Indoors, you can visit the Museum of Natural History or the Children’s Museum. If the weather is nice, take a stroll through Central Park or visit one of the many playgrounds. You can also explore one of the many neighborhoods, like Chinatown or the Lower East Side.
Outdoors, there are even more options. You can visit the zoo, go for a walk or bike ride in the park, or even go for a swim at one of the many beaches. If you’re looking for something a little more unique, you can always go on a hayride or visit a farm.
No matter what you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it in Porter Corners. With so many different things to do, you and your family are sure to have a great time.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Porter Corners, New York
1. Visit the Lake George Lighthouse Museum: The Lake George Lighthouse Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the lake and the lighthouses that have stood on its shores. The museum is located in the original 1858 lighthouse and features exhibits on the construction of the lighthouse, its keepers, and the ships that have sunk in the lake.
2. Take a cruise on Lake George: A cruise on Lake George is a great way to see the lake and its many islands. There are a number of different cruise companies that offer tours of the lake.
3. Visit the Lake George Battlefield Park: The Lake George Battlefield Park is the site of the Battle of Lake George, which was fought during the French and Indian War. The park features a number of monuments and exhibits on the battle.
4. Hike the Seven Sister Islands Trail: The Seven Sister Islands Trail is a seven mile hiking trail that loops around seven of the small islands in Lake George. The trail offers great views of the lake and the islands.
5. Visit Fort William Henry: Fort William Henry is a reconstructed 18th century fort that was the site of a major battle during the French and Indian War. The fort features a museum, a number of exhibits, and a number of reenactments.
6. Take a scenic drive: There are a number of scenic drives in the area that offer great views of the lake and the mountains.
7. Visit the Lake George Opera House: The Lake George Opera House is a restored 19th century opera house that features a variety of operas, concerts, and plays.
8. Take a swim in Lake George: Lake George is a great place to swim, with a number of beaches located around the lake.
9. Visit the Lake George Art Museum: The Lake George Art Museum is a small art museum that features a variety of exhibits, including a number of paintings by local artists.
10. Go bird watching: The Lake George area is a great place to go bird watching, with a number of different species of birds to be found.