There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Portel, Brazil. One option is to head to the beach where kids can build sandcastles, paddle in the waves, and look for shells. Another option is to visit the botanical gardens which boast a variety of flowers and trees, some of which are hundreds of years old. Kids will love running around in the open space and exploring the different plant life. For a rainy day activity, kids can visit the local museum which has exhibits on the history and culture of Portel.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Portel, Brazil
1. Play at Praia da Figueira: This beach is great for children because of its shallow water and calm waves. There is also a playground nearby, making it the perfect spot to spend a day with the kids.
2. Visit the Waterfalls of Porto de Galinhas: These beautiful waterfalls are located just outside of town and are a great place to cool off on a hot day.
3. Take a ride on the Portel Train: This historic train runs through town and is a great way to see all the sights.
4. Spend a day at the Portel Zoo: This small zoo is perfect for kids, with plenty of different animals to see and petting zoo.
5. Explore the Amazon Rainforest: Portel is located near the Amazon Rainforest, making it the perfect place to explore this unique ecosystem.
6. Visit the Chocolate Museum: This museum is dedicated to the history and production of chocolate, and even has a chocolate factory on site.
7. Learn about Portel’s history at the Museum of Portel: This museum covers the history of the town from its founding to present day.
8. Take a walk through the Botanical Gardens: These gardens feature a variety of different plants and flowers, making them a great place to take a stroll.
9. Play in the fountain at Praça do Mercado: This fun fountain is located in the central square and is a great place for kids to cool off on a hot day.
10. Visit the Portel Aquarium: This small aquarium is perfect for kids, with a variety of different fish and sea creatures on display.