There are many kid friendly things to do in Port Townsend, Washington. The town has a rich history and there are many sites to see. The children’s museum is a great place to take the kids. They can learn about the town’s history and see how the town has changed over the years. There are also many parks and playgrounds in the town. The kids can burn off some energy while you enjoy the scenic views. If you are looking for something a little more active, you can take the kids to the beach. There are many activities to keep them busy such as swimming, fishing, and building sandcastles.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Port Townsend, Washington
1. Visit the PointDefiance Zoo & Aquarium – The Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium is a great place to visit with kids. There are plenty of animals to see, including lions, tigers, penguins, and more. There is also an aquarium with a variety of fish.
2. Go to the beach – Port Townsend has several beaches that are great for kids. They can play in the sand, build sandcastles, and paddle in the water.
3. Visit the fort – Port Townsend is home to a historic fort that kids will love exploring. They can climb on the walls, explore the old buildings, and learn about the history of the area.
4.Take a ferry ride – A ferry ride is a great way to see the area and get out on the water. Kids will love being on the boat and seeing the sights.
5. Go hiking – There are several hiking trails in Port Townsend that are great for kids. They can explore the woods, look for wildlife, and find great views.
6. Visit the library – The library is a great place to take kids. They can check out books, use the computers, and participate in programs.
7. Go to the park – Port Townsend has several parks that are perfect for kids. They can play on the playground, have a picnic, or just run around and explore.
8. Attend a festival – There are often festivals taking place in Port Townsend. Kids can enjoy the music, food, and activities.
9. Go bowling – Kids will have a blast at the bowling alley. They can bowl a few games, play in the arcade, and more.
10. Get ice cream – What kid doesn’t love ice cream? There are several ice cream shops in Port Townsend where kids can get their favorite flavor.