If you’re looking for things to do with kids in Port Orchard, you’ll find plenty of options. The city has several parks, including a water park, and there are also a number of museums and other attractions.
The Bremerton Ferry is a great option for families with kids. The ferry ride itself is enjoyable, and there are also a number of kid-friendly activities on board, including a playground, movies, and video games.
If you’re looking for something a little more active, consider renting a boat or taking a fishing charter. There are also a number of hiking and biking trails in the area.
And of course, no trip to Port Orchard would be complete without a visit to the waterfront. There are a number of restaurants and cafes with outdoor seating, and the views of the Puget Sound are simply beautiful.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Port Orchard, Washington
1. Hike up to the Old Mill Park: Port Orchard is home to a number of parks and Old Mill Park is a great option for kids. The park has a playground, picnic tables, and a walking trail that leads up to a scenic overlook of the valley.
2. Visit the Kitsap Humane Society: The Kitsap Humane Society is a great place to take kids for a day out. They can learn about animals and even meet some of the adoptable pets.
3. Feed the ducks at the Waterfront Park: The Waterfront Park is a great place to take a stroll and feed the ducks that call the park home.
4. Go for a swim at the Port Orchard Pool: The Port Orchard Pool is a great place to cool off on a hot day. The pool has a shallow area for kids to play in and a deeper area for adults.
5. Play at the Manchester Playground: The Manchester Playground is a great place for kids to burn off some energy. The playground has a number of slides and climbing structures for kids to enjoy.
6. Attend a story time at the Kitsap Regional Library: The Kitsap Regional Library offers story times for kids of all ages. This is a great way to introduce kids to the love of reading.
7. Learn about history at the Bremerton Naval Museum: The Bremerton Naval Museum is a great place to take kids to learn about the history of the area. The museum has a number of interactive exhibits that kids will enjoy.
8. See the animals at the Kitsap Children’s Zoo: The Kitsap Children’s Zoo is a great place to take kids to see a variety of animals. The zoo has a petting zoo area where kids can interact with the animals.
9.Explore the nature trails at the Illahee State Park: The Illahee State Park is a great place to take kids to explore the outdoors. The park has a number of nature trails that kids can hike on.
10. Go fishing at the Manchester Boat Launch: The Manchester Boat Launch is a great place to take kids fishing. The boat launch has a ADA accessible dock and a fishing pier that kids can fish from.