Port Macquarie is a great place for kids of all ages. There are plenty of beaches to explore, as well as a rainforest and a number of other natural attractions. The town also has a number of museums and galleries, as well as a variety of shops and restaurants.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Port Macquarie, Australia
1. Visit the Koala Hospital: The Koala Hospital is a great place to learn about and see koalas up close! There is even a “Koala Kingdom” where you can feed the koalas and take photos with them.
2. Take a walk on the Breakwall: The Breakwall is a beautiful place to take a walk and see the harbor. You can also fish off the breakwall or go swimming in the harbor.
3. Spend the day at the beach: Port Macquarie has many beautiful beaches that are perfect for swimming, surfing, or just relaxing. You can also walk along the coast or find a spot to go fishing.
4. Visit the Maritime Museum: The Maritime Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Port Macquarie and the surrounding area. You can also see some of the shipwrecks that have occurred off the coast.
5. Take a river cruise: A river cruise is a great way to see the sights of Port Macquarie. You can learn about the history of the area and see the wildlife up close.
6. Visit the Observatory: The Observatory is a great place to learn about the stars and planets. You can also use the telescopes to get a close up view of the night sky.
7. Go hiking: There are many hiking trails in Port Macquarie that offer great views of the coast and the surrounding area.
8. Visit the rainforest: The rainforest is a great place to learn about the plants and animals that live in the area. You can also take a walk through the rainforest and see the Waterfalls.
9. Take a walk through the Botanic Gardens: The Botanic Gardens are a beautiful place to take a stroll and see the different plants and flowers.
10. Go on a dolphin watching tour: A dolphin watching tour is a great way to see the dolphins up close and learn about their behavior.