There’s plenty for kids to do in the historic town of Port Ewen! They can explore the 54-acre Apple Blossom Park, which features a playground, pavilion, picnic tables, and grills. Or, they can enjoy a game of tennis or basketball at one of the town’s courts. For a little bit of history, kids can check out the Port Ewen Library, which was built in 1887 and is now on the National Register of Historic Places. And, no visit to Port Ewen would be complete without seeing the world’s largest penny, which is located in front of the Ewenigrant Diner.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Port Ewen, New York
1. Walk or bike along the Hudson River Greenway.
2. Visit theAnimals in Motion Exhibit at the Environmental Center.
3. Climb the trees at the Taconic Outdoor Education Center.
4. Play in the spray park at the John A. Coleman Memorial Park.
5. Go fishing at the Centerville Brook Trout Sanctuary.
6. explore the Rudy Rozas Memorial Wetland Preserve.
7. Visit the Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site.
8. Go for a swim at the Beacon High School pool.
9. Play tennis at the Dutchess County Memorial Park.
10. Take a hike on the Long Path through the Mohonk Preserve.